Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Lacy's birthday

Lacy talks about her birthday year round. Each day she thinks of something she wants to do. "For my birthday dinner I want... For my birthday breakfast I want... for my birthday I want to go to... I want to play with.."
She must think about it non stop! Well this year she knew she wanted to have a sleep over with her mimi and have fried eggs for breakfast and play with her cousins in Prescott. It was all within reason, thank heavens, so she got exactly what she wanted. Her great Aunt Laurie has a birthday the day after her's so all her aunties from Cali were also visiting. It was such a great weekend with family! We played so much that the only pictures we got were just these few right as she was about to eat the giant cupcake Mimi made. Of corse, per request, from Lacy.


I can't believe I have a 7 YEAR OLD!

She is told on a DAILY basis that she has the most beautiful hair. By complete strangers, daily! She is smarter than I ever was. She is emotional and sensitive. She is bossy and always wants to be in charge. She thinks about each one of her cousins all the time and misses EACH one of them. She knows each one of their names, even the babies and asks about them. She is so aware of the world around her and asks such detailed questions. She is going to be in the peace core or senate one day and change the world, or do it silently with out ever getting recognition. But mark my word, she is going to make a difference in the world. Her heart is bigger than any of us know, she boils over with emotion (and sometimes drama) but I know its all just so hard for her to even understand sometimes. She is a special soul. I love her so much and so glad she is mine.

2 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

Thanks for amking my cry! I sure love lacy and her beautiful hair!

mimi said...

She is a special soul and I love her to the moon and back and to infinite