Thursday, October 14, 2010

Its your buuurrrrrtthhh-day!

Okay.. one more birthday I want to add to the list.

Allison has quickly become one of my very best friends! Today is her 19th birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!! We have so much fun together.. even if it is late at night acting crazy while grocery shopping.
Or dancing in the rain - her first time. WHAT?? Thats too bad. But we had oh so much fun the other night when it started pouring, we ran and danced and jumped in the puddles, splashed each other. Shawn loved it too!!
But one of my favorite things and some of the most special times in my home, has been her allowing us to invite the missionaries to have discussions with her (for her second time around). It was spiritual and fun and exciting. I am embarrassed to say that this was the first time that I had a friend of my own have the discussions at my house. My sisters and brother were always great missionaries but I was always shy and whatever the stupid excuse, never invited anyone. Well I finally did and it was so fun! We looked forward to them and miss them now. Allison has taught me so much about myself. She has taught me to be bold and to not be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. She faces so much adversity all the time and she always stands up stronger and braver than the time before. I am so grateful that she was introduced to Shawn and I because we love her so much. She is part of the family now, she always will be! Thank you Allison for being my partner in crime, my listening ear, an awesome babysitter, a best friend- I LOVE YOU!
byeeee

No comments: