Sunday, June 21, 2009

How much more random could a post be?

Skort
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A skort is a pair of women's shorts with a flap of fabric in front to make it look like a skirt. The term "skort" (a portmanteau of skirt and shorts) is used idiomatically in some regions. To be a skort they need to look like skirts. They are distinguised from trousers or shorts by a fuller cut at the bottom (hem) than at the waist. Skorts were developed in order to provide more freedom to do activities such as gardening, cleaning, or bike riding, and give the appearance of a skirt. Skorts are popular in sports such as tennis or golf, and are often part of girls' athletic uniforms. Some skorts are essentially skirts with a pair of shorts hidden underneath, while others resemble a pair of shorts with a panel of fabric over the front. [1]

My mom and I had a good laugh tonight talking about skorts. I decided they are the "mullet" of the skirt world. Business in the front and party in back!

Who else wore skorts? I know I thought I was the coolest girl at PMS (yes, that was my middle schools initials) 7th grade when I showed up with my new skort, gellies and blue nail polish.
The picture that started the whole "skort" conversation. Clarissa and I are both sporting the skorts. I also have my brownish clear jellies on, but my feet are cut out of the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!! That is hilarious!!! You crack me up! Lovin Samuel in this pic!!!

Charmaine said...

What?!? Mommy let you wear jellies? She never let me wear jellies!