Monday, June 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Sometimes the best part about going on vacation is coming home. This time, that was definitely the case. I came home to the best suprise I could ever imagine.

I'll start with a little back-up, before I left I was a little over-stressed and under-slept. I had taken too much on and was a little over-whelmed. The week before we left I had painted a bedroom, done all the stuff for the funeral, had swim lessons, 2 doctors appointments, re-painted Hugo's helmet twice, 4 loads of laundry, plus the towels and sheets, lots of messes and clean-ups, had a chicken-pox scare that eneded up being a really bad rash (make that 3 dr. appts) and that was all before Thursday. My Mom called me when I was trying to pack for California and she happed to call at my breaking point. I was all over-whelmed and crying in a big stupid mess that I was stressed because Shawn was on him way home ready to leave and I hadn't started packing, I hadn't done my hair and I really wanted to finish the laundry and mop before I left. She told me to just pack and leave and she would take care of the house while I was gone. I expected that she would mop, maybe vacume and maybe even finish up what laundry I had left to fold. Boy did I under-estimate the power of my SUPER MOM!

Her, along with my dad, brother and my brothers friend Whitney went WAY above and beyond. They re-arranged all the pictures in my family room so they went with the new couches, they organized and cleaned my kitchen. Getting me a cute new holder for my recipe books and paper towels. They got a cute new basket for shoes by the front door. They hung some pictures in my kitchen, they spot cleaned the crazy dirty carpet in the family room, patched, sanded and painted all the holes in the family room, hung new black curtains (the red curtains with red couches was just too much red!), added 2 new damask black and white pillows to my couches, sprayed the weeds and grass in the rocks outside, finished up all the laundry, and so much more. I've been home all day and keep finding new things they did. They even put new tires on Shawn's car for Father's Day. (While we were enjoying the beautiful cool California weather in my dad's new Prius)
THEY'RE CRAZY!!
I am so greatful for such wonderful family. On both sides. Shawn and I are blessed beyond measure. My in-laws are so awesome, we had so much fun with everyone and are greatful for all the time we got to spend with them. Then at home my family was blessing us tremendously with their time and service. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now. I could seriously just cry!

8 comments:

Nunes Family said...

What a great family you have!! I hate when i feel just like you did. Trying to get ready to go on a trip but you want to come home to a clean house. Sorry to hear about Shawn's grandma. Hope the trip was fun.

Clarissa B. said...

haha well i sure did cry! i should just have prego written on my forehead!

Chantal said...

Awww that is sweet! I would totally cry If I came home and someone cleaned and fixed my house and to Mommy's standards wow that's awesome! You and I are very blessed with a loving helpful family! I am very happy for you you deserve it.

Chantal said...

I just remembered Mommy kept calling and asking me when you were coming home. I thought that was a little strange, but now it all makes sense!

Kyle said...

That is awesome...you are so lucky!
In response to the questions you left me on my blog...we usually rotate houses but this month we decided to go bowling. We usually do dinner and games and we try to do it every month but it turns out to be closer to every other month And we all get our own babysitters. It is really fun!

Brewer Family said...

Isn't family so wonderful. Since the baby I have had so much help from family and friends. I am so glad that did that for you. You deserve it for sure. You are a super MOM. I need to learn how to be like you now that I have a little one. I will have to bring her by once I can drive again. Isabella was breach so I ended up having her C-section 9 days early. Anyways we need to get together. I am glad to hear that you and your family are doing well.

andrea said...

That is awesome! That must have felt amazing to come home to! You do have a great family. Devin did that for me when I was in Az with the kids, I left the house pretty disorganized and came home to a newly painted/decorated bathroom and everything cleaned and organized! It feels good to have the load off your shoulders sometimes! It gets way too overwhelming. I'm glad you had such a fun trip too.

Jen Heward said...

Isn't family wonderful! You have a great one!