Monday, June 16, 2008

We also got to go down to San Diego

Brian and Chantal came to the beach with us on Friday for our BBQ. It was so nice of them to drive all the way up, I wish I had my camera- I'm awaiting Chantal's pictures so I'll post them when they arrive.
On Sunday after our Father's Day breakfast at Aunt Sharon's we drove down to SD and spent the afternoon with the Jones'. We had an amazing late-lunch and some awesome cake. Today is Brian's birthday so we were also celebrating that. We had a lot of fun with them and as always it was not nearly enough time!
I did have an absolutely amazing mommy moment while there. It was one of those moments that you feel you might just be doing something right as a parent. The girls (Katie and Lacy) were being especially quiet and usually being quiet means they are up to no good. Well I slowly tried to sneak up on them in the kids room playing (thinking I was going to catch them doing something mischievous) and what I found was just tear-wrenching. The girls were up on the top bunk with Katie's picnic set all out. They were pretending to have a picnic and were being so cute and girly. They both had their arms folded, heads bowed and eyes closed while Lacy blessed their "pretend food" It was the DANG cutest thing I have ever seen. Her up their blessing her family and the food they were about to pretend to eat.

4 comments:

Clarissa B. said...

haha that is so funny and so cute

Chantal said...

sweet! How did you get pictures?

Jeff, Chelsea & Rustin said...

Happy Birthday Shawn. That was so nice of your family.The house looks so nice. Cute couches!

Jenny Lynn said...

camera phone baby!