Sunday, June 22, 2008

Grandma

I had a dream about my Grandma Lope last night. Her name wasn't actually Lope, that was her nick-name. Her name was Lola Nell, but for as long as I can remember we called her Grandma Lope and my Grandpa was Grandpa bald-head. My grandma passed away a couple of years ago and I was always really close to her. She is my mom's mom... the wife of my grandpa I often talk about. I have never dreamed about her before since she passed. I don't remember much except it was just the two of us holding hands, being Grandma and grand-daughter. I have always had a special place in my heart for her. And although I woke up with a horrible headache today, I have to say, it was nice to see her, I miss her dearly!

7 comments:

andrea said...

That is really cool. I wish I could have a dream like that with my Grandma :) How special.

Liz said...

I love hearing the relationships you have with your extended family. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Awwww, those are such wonderful dreams! Every now and then I have a dream with my grandma in it (she passed away a couple of years ago too). It's just so great being able to "see" them again!

Amberly said...

That is so special. I bet she misses you as much as you miss her. I met her a couple of times when I lived with you guys and she was os sweet.

Toodles said...

Hey Jenny! First off, your house looks so cute and cozy. :) I'm working on redecorating our living room and it's taking me some time!

That is so neat you had a dream with your grandma. I've had one dream with my grandma who passed away a few years ago and it still means so much to me. Glad you're doing good.

The Luthy Life said...

Oh, I am so glad that you blog too. I am in desperate need of friends! I am looking pretty lame with a few friends. I miss you guys so much! We leave for Idaho on Thursday and wont be back till the 14th. I will call you and we will get together! PROMISE!!!!

Susan Jo Ollerton Fuller said...

I love this blog. I don't know if you remember this about Grandma, put she was a hand holder. When ever we went to the store or really anywhere, she always would hold my hand. Will you hold my hand when I get old? I miss her too.